Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Will FSC-384 pedal work as Fast/Slow speed for Ventilator?

Ashby Solutions doesn’t seem to carry/support the remote foot switch for the Neo Vent any longer.  

Wondering if the FSC -384 will work? 

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

The footswitch you mention is a latching footswitch, fitted with a mono jack socket. 

So two problems when using it with a Vent:

• You would need to press the switch twice everytme you wanted to change speed.

• It would change the speed from fast to stop (not slow) when fitted with an external mono jack lead plugged into the jack socket on the switch.

(That switch comes with no lead)

Using other parts from Hosa you could do it with:

•A momentary 'normally open' footswitch type FSC502  (not FSC-501 or FSC 503))

• A breakout adaptor type Ypp-117

(Plugging the footswitch into one socket of the adaptor will switch from 'fast to slow', and into the other from fast (or slow) to 'stop' )

Any other 'normally open' momentary footswitch would do.

Other types of similar adaptor would also do - although you need make sure you choose a 'stereo plug to 2 x mono socket' type and not a 'stereo headphone' adaptor (which is a stereo jack plug to 2 x stereo jack sockets )

You'd only need to tap the footswitch once to activate each speed change, with a momentary 'normally open' switch.

Yamaha - YC61 - P105 - MOX6 - HC2 -- Neo Vent 2

i built a remote switch for my Vent and for the BURN. Both are wired differently so i purchased two Hosa fsc385 pedals and two spdt jacks  replacing the jacks that came with the hosa.  in the vent manual and in the BURN manual there is a schematic as to how to wire the footswitch. i followed the wiring schematics and both work with no issue.  an fsc384 would be even simpler since the stop functionality doesnt have to be wired.  

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

1 hour ago, Delaware Dave said:

.........an fsc384 would be even simpler since the stop functionality doesnt have to be wired.........  

The problem with the FSC384 is that it has a latching switch.  Activating the speed change on the Vent (don't know about the Burn?)  requires a normally open switch to be momentarily closed.  With a latching switch that means pressing one to close the switch, pressing again to release it and then pressing a third time to re-activate the closing contact required.

So - with the possible exception of the very first time - you would need to press the switch twice every time you want to change speed. 

Probably not an ideal solution, I would think? --- Better to use a momentary  closing switch......

5 hours ago, rogs said:

The problem with the FSC384 is that it has a latching switch.  Activating the speed change on the Vent (don't know about the Burn?)  requires a normally open switch to be momentarily closed.  With a latching switch that means pressing one to close the switch, pressing again to release it and then pressing a third time to re-activate the closing contact required.

So - with the possible exception of the very first time - you would need to press the switch twice every time you want to change speed. 

Probably not an ideal solution, I would think? --- Better to use a momentary  closing switch......

As I mentioned in my original post I purchased a momentary switch for under two dollars which allows for a single push to execute slow/fast. I installed that switch in the pedal. The switch cost under $2.  For the BURN this functionality is a menu driven setting (momentary vs. latched switch).  Because the  BURN and the Vent are wired differently for slow/fast/stop execution I had to purchase two 384 foot pedals and wire each one to accomodate each pedal. I marked them accordingly to ensure I am using the correct foot pedal depending on the which sim i'm using.

• Like 1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

6 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

As I mentioned in my original post I purchased a momentary switch for under two dollars which allows for a single push to execute slow/fast. I installed that switch in the pedal. The switch cost under $2.  For the BURN this functionality is a menu driven setting (momentary vs. latched switch).  Because the  BURN and the Vent are wired differently for slow/fast/stop execution I had to purchase two 384 foot pedals and wire each one to accomodate each pedal. I marked them accordingly to ensure I am using the correct foot pedal depending on the which sim i'm using.

Ah, I missed the bit about the switch itself being changed in your first post .. sorry about that.

For my own use I didn't want to use a second footswitch - just for Vent speed control - so I use my Yamaha FC4 sustain pedal as both a sustain pedal and a speed change switch. Problem with that is that the FC4 polarity is wrong - so I made a simple interface to deal with that  problem.....Works very well.

(Some notes on that project here:  https://www.vent.jp137.com )  Only suitable for those who like to have a little 'dabble' with electroincs though! :) 

My answer to the OP's query above doesn't involve any mods or soldering at all to the 'off the shelf' items I suggested.

Some folk like to do their own mods -- others are not so keen....