Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

digital timers and OCD

Some time ago, there was a chat about using battery operated digital timers. Someone posted that he she couldn’t use this timer due to OCD and concern that if the timer was left on overnight that it might cause a fire. I have a touch of OCD so I wanted to help but I couldn’t think of anything worthy to say back then. But now I do. Because, this afternoon, I discovered I had left on my digital timer on all last night. The good news is that I didn’t burn my house down in the process. So, whoever my OCD friend is, I hope this is helpful

• Like 1

Most of the digital timers I've seen have a AA battery or a disc battery like in watches, those batteries are in all sorts of things that are on 24/7/365 and no problem.   Only batteries I know that can be an issue are lithium batteries is smartphones and that is when they are being charged.   If you worried about those thing there are a whole lot of things in your life you need to get rid of because they all have batteries in them.