Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for YC Owners RE: Delay and other FX

Throwing  last minute patches together for 20 song show tomorrow night w/YC73.

My standard thing on rock piano patches is a touch of delay, barely heard.    I've found no matter which slot I place delay in the chain that even if the depth is at 0, it can still be heard  way too much.      Does it with digital, analog or cross delays, A or B slot, AP or EP..    What am I doing wrong.?    Or is this a bug?   Firmware 1.3

Thanks so very much in advance!

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

This is one of the very few weaknesses of the YC.  The "Depth" knob as it applies to the Delay options is much more related to the number of delay repetitions (feedback) than to the relative amplitude of the delayed signal (wet/dry balance).  The only solution I've found is to put the instrument in both slots A and B with the delay only on one or the other and then adjust the volume of the slot with the delay until it is at the level you want.  Might be a good to post something on Ideascale asking for Yamaha to add an effect with a delay where the Depth knob primarily effects the wet/dry balance and not feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, counterpoint said:

The "Depth" knob as it applies to the Delay options is much more related to the number of delay repetitions (feedback) than to the relative amplitude of the delayed signal (wet/dry balance). 

ah- that makes sense. Thank you so much for the work around.  7 p.m Soundcheck. Bit of time to finish more edits.  So far loving  everything else about the YC, but naming presets and that delay thing are kinda wonky.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

27 minutes ago, obxa said:

ah- that makes sense. Thank you so much for the work around.  7 p.m Soundcheck. Bit of time to finish more edits.  So far loving  everything else about the YC, but naming presets and that delay thing are kinda wonky.

If you can connect Soundmondo (pc, tablet or phone), it has a librarian feature where you can rename and rearrange sets very quickly. Just remember to hit that send button after the edits.

• Thanks 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

40 minutes ago, Paul Woodward said:

If you can connect Soundmondo (pc, tablet or phone), it has a librarian feature where you can rename and rearrange sets very quickly. Just remember to hit that send button after the edits.

Thanks for this!  Got shipment  late Friday.  Gonna get laptop up with little time I have, and also need to run the show.  Went down the rabbit hole of checking out sounds.     Saw there's also a librarian for sale and a bunch of artist presets.  Looks like you also contributed some cool patches??  Look forward to checking those out too.  Cheers.

• Like 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.