Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Health care plans and coverage

On 11/18/2023 at 10:36 PM, bill5 said:

Because they have healthier lifestyles. Also not all such countries rank above us, but that might depend on how you define "industrialized counties" too.

True, which is why it is only a good starting point.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:36 PM, bill5 said:

Because they have healthier lifestyles. Also not all such countries rank above us, but that might depend on how you define "industrialized counties" too

Every modern country with socialized/nationalized medicine has a longer Heather life span, and I disagree, it isn't because they have healthier lifestyles.

Our own CIA ranks the US life expectancy at 72nd, behind some countries like, Japan, Canada, Israel, Australia, Sweden, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom, Greece, Italy, and other world-class countries, but also Uruguay, Cuba, Costa Rica, Chile, and others.

I've spent time in Spain, England/Scotland/Wales, Italy, Australia, Czech Republic, Hungary and a few others, and their life style is no better or worse than ours.

As my bro-in-law, the world-famous orthopedic surgeon among other orthopedic surgeons, stated. In the socialized/nationalized countries, the first priority is to heal the patient. In the for-profit USA, the first priority is to make a profit. This is especially true when corporate medicine is applied.

The USA does a lot of great things, and we are best at some of them. Health is not.

I think that we should have health care that is among the best in the world, not the 72nd best in the world.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<