Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

single reed accordion/melodion sounds and which boards have or can do them?

Currently using a Krome, and revisiting sounds I created to emulate some diatonic reed instruments I'd heard. I recently heard Gary Versace and Joao Frade playing single reed jazz based stuff. Gary was using a piano accordion, which could be set to a single reed, and Joao was using a button key accordion/melodion. I didn't hear him do any 2 reed playing on it, at least with the RH. Joao is on Aline Homzy's Eclipse Bandcamp album, in the 'Circa Herself' track, soloing at 3.33.

When I checked my existing sound, I'd put a delay on the accordion 2nd reed, so it swelled in after the single reed sound after shorter single notes. On my revisit I found there's a dedicated page, to quick access to each reed. The existing accordion sound has the second reed premixed at a lower level, even with both faders full up, so I reset each reed to be the same level, so I could experiment with various levels of the 2nd reed, and de-tune amounts. I want to put them on CCs if possible.

Do any boards currently have anything already set to do this? Is access to each accordion reed unusual, or the norm, for sample player boards? 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic