Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there a list of common threads on drawbar settings?

Pardon my partial ignorance, but while I got to happily play *AT* a Hammond (being a piano n' synth guy), I had near-immediate luck by shaping the drawbars like the waveforms I knew from synths. Damned if that doesn't work! Its an additive synth of a unique sort, so yeah! 😛 I wanted the roar more than the purr, but I certainly enjoyed the more creamy, laid-back settings. That's what a lot of my heroes did while OTHERS got a turn in a song. So the topic puzzled me just a bit. Its no different in its own way than tweaking synths; you have to feel your way along at certain points. 

I mildly envy more "pure" organists, because synths require X amount of diving where organs are live wires from the git-go. I love my DAW, but I also know the pleasure of digging into the keys in real-time & getting that major RAAARRHHH!!!

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

If I had time, had the video gear and knew how to do video  I would do a series based on Mexican Word of the Day but call it Hammond Registration of the day where ai would do one drawbar setting and use it in a context.   No 888000000, 888800000, or 888888888 allowed. 

• Like 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

10 hours ago, CEB said:

If I had time, had the video gear and knew how to do video

I'd love to see this. 

A smartphone will do the job. My daughter was using iMovie on her iPad before she was 10 - without any instruction from me. 

Time - I can't help you with that.