Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: the all things not Taylor Swift thread

I miss Taylor.

Taylor Hawkins, that is.

Say what you will about him, but when he played with his own band, Chevy Metal, he would always make time for my friend's special needs kid and hang out with him. He seemed like a genuinely great, caring guy to me. RIP, man.

• Like 2

Or Larry Taylor of Canned Heat and also session bassist, and brother of Mel Taylor of the Ventures.    

A friend was engineering a session with Larry Taylor on bass and was first day and getting sounds.   Engineer asked Larry what kind of bass sound do you want?    Larry said I tell every engineer this and they never get it, I want my bass to sound like glass pack mufflers.   My buddy said I know what your talking about I'll get it.   My friend was also into cars and knew exactly the sound Larry was talking about.  Band went out and worked on the track and we recorded a couple takes, and then decided to come into the control room and listen.   My buddy was watching Larry for his reaction, Larry was all grins his bass sounded like glass pack mufflers. 

• Like 1