Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rhubarb Jam

Or a bit heavy funk jam of some elements of "rappers delight" which of course i turn is based on a Chic song, to test out my studio settings inside the PC3 for various sides of the sound use. So what if i finally feel the sound of the ROM sounds with my special correction effects comes to a advanced sound which I feel is musical and DAC prepared, and find out the perfect settings to do so, or almost. Andi change one or two parameters, what happens? That's a part of my reasoning, but this is fun, a little 2 min jam recorded digital from the Kurzweil's output, recorded digital in Linux via a Lexicon omega, and straight away put into lossless flac format, no processing at all, not even volume (it's not maximized):

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/Kurzweil/hibbn.flac

As usual, if you want the sounds , I can make them downloadable that is the whole side chain of effects and the exact mastering effect settings for these sounds, of course I played these tracks live into the PC3, not even checking the tempo setting, and I've made sure it's a test track, not a smoothed out commercial track, but I think it's funky and a sound set I've never achieved, yet.

Theo V.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, it had been a while since I heard the original, so I did stuff in-the-style-a-bit, but it was a nice funk mess anyway. I changed the (remaining) effects for the individual instruments such that the choir voice got no insert effects, but the bass did, however when I played the bass as the second track after the drums, it had it's specific effects turned off, which sounded different. The e piano and e guitar had individual effects on.

The original, as sen on dutch TV in the very early 80's (when I was a few years into high school):

Interesting combination of Calypso, Boogie, Blues and Funk figures, but of course that is well known. The original, also recorded in '79 and of course very famous:

A calypso example, which might be interesting to put the intro in place:

T