Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Midi data from a PC4 song?

ehand

I play a Kurzweil PC4.  I like it in many ways, however I'm having a problem with midi data from the song files.  When I go into storage, it only gives the option to export as a .PC4 file.  It does not give me the option to convert to a .MID file, or even a .SNG file (as my old PC3 did).  So I gave up on this, and decided to simply play a song file through the midi usb into my computer DAW.  However, it will not send the midi events data through the usb.  To confirm this, I played a song live from the keyboard through the usb midi.  My DAW captures it with no problems.  To summarize, my computer will not recognize midi data from a song file being played on the PC4, but will accept the midi data as long as I'm playing live from the keyboard.  What's the deal?  I never, ever had this problem with my old PC3, which no longer works.  Do any of you have information on this that I apparently don't have?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/23/2023 at 3:51 PM, ehand said:

I play a Kurzweil PC4.  I like it in many ways, however I'm having a problem with midi data from the song files.  When I go into storage, it only gives the option to export as a .PC4 file.  It does not give me the option to convert to a .MID file, or even a .SNG file (as my old PC3 did).  So I gave up on this, and decided to simply play a song file through the midi usb into my computer DAW.  However, it will not send the midi events data through the usb.  To confirm this, I played a song live from the keyboard through the usb midi.  My DAW captures it with no problems.  To summarize, my computer will not recognize midi data from a song file being played on the PC4, but will accept the midi data as long as I'm playing live from the keyboard.  What's the deal?  I never, ever had this problem with my old PC3, which no longer works.  Do any of you have information on this that I apparently don't have?

Post this in the regular PC4 thread.

I had this issue when I wanted to use a DAW to edit some backing tracks I made on the PC4 - I ended up needing to fiddle with some of the utility settings to get the start/stop synced with the DAW and some other steps I don't recall, but I did get it working and was able to record all the song tracks simultaneously to my DAW as midi for editing.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this same question but I use the PC4 SE. I see the Feb 2024 update for PC4 at Kurzweil.com but no update for the SE. Keeping my fingers crossed...