Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MOJO VS. XK5

21 hours ago, HammondDave said:

Just wrap the cable around the hooks above the socket and store the brick in your stand.

New 61’s don’t have the brick. They have an internal power supply. 

That sounds like they addressed my only issue with it. Mine doesn't have the cable hook like a lot of the Korgs and Numas come with. IEC would be great. Playing the Mojo sitting down is no problem because the brick is on the floor but standing with it on the second tier that brick is dangling about 8" above the ground, weak sauce. They just needed a longer cord back then.

21 minutes ago, DroptopBroham said:

That sounds like they addressed my only issue with it. Mine doesn't have the cable hook like a lot of the Korgs and Numas come with. IEC would be great. Playing the Mojo sitting down is no problem because the brick is on the floor but standing with it on the second tier that brick is dangling about 8" above the ground, weak sauce. They just needed a longer cord back then.

61r-j9DuM3L._AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65_.jpeg.2da94f1c58b8a01ae718ee1c62799a7b.jpeg   +    81Kjuk1NQzL.jpg.5ec8a5dfcb156fb380751c231d16f7e7.jpg

5 minutes ago, Moonglow said:

= PITA

If you mean external power bricks are a PITA, I agree.  If you're stuck with one and you mean that permanently taping a 1-foot (or whatever length you choose) extension on the end of the cable is a PITA, I disagree.

It should also be pretty easy to find compatible power supplies with longer cables that are relatively inexpensive.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:21 PM, DroptopBroham said:

The Crumar Priests are just following the money or free gear like they did when they were shilling for Crumar. How many different clonewheels did Joey D pimp out bitd (RIP) not to mention the P. Mauriat saxes from Taiwan.

Ha ha! Yes! There is SOOOO much money flying around in the Clone world! Max at MAG Organs just sent me on luxury cruise for playing his gear! 😂😂

I can only speak for me, but I only want to be an endorsing artist for an instrument that I like. It wouldn’t matter if a company offered me free gear if I didn’t find it inspiring to play. 

I was an endorsing artist for Crumar for 9 years. Why? Because I thought the Mojo was overall the best clone. I literally tried every new clone that came out within that time - XK5, Numa 1 and 2, Dexibel, Viscount Legend, SK, and various versions of the HX3. None of them made me move from Crumar. I worked frequently with Guido on major updates to the sound and functionality. Hell, two of my organs are modeled and included in the software of every Mojo. 

Then, one day, the HX3 had a fantastic update that felt finally made it more realistic than the Mojo. That’s when I began talking to Max about a MAG. I only want to play instruments that I find inspiring to play. That’s why I switched to MAG (and bought it with my own money, BTW) and am very happy with it to this day. All I want is a clone that is going to get me as close to the real thing as possible. 20 years ago, clones could get you maybe 80% there. Now, we are in the 90% range. We will probably never get to 100%, but it’s a far cry from the XB-2 that anyone who wanted a portable Hammond facsimile was stuck with 30 years ago. 

And, by the way, if The MAG didn’t exist, I’d still be using the Mojo. It’s still the best of the rest in my view. (And I still use a Crumar Seven for my EP. I love that board so much.)

• Like 2

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

6 minutes ago, Mitch Towne said:

I worked frequently with Guido on major updates to the sound and functionality. Hell, two of my organs are modeled and included in the software of every Mojo. 

From what I've read, that kind of special attention is more of a reason that artists endorse than any kind of money, discounts, or free gear.  Either way, it's not something that the rest of us mere mortals will benefit from.

1 hour ago, kanefsky said:

From what I've read, that kind of special attention is more of a reason that artists endorse than any kind of money, discounts, or free gear.  Either way, it's not something that the rest of us mere mortals will benefit from.

Everyone benefits from a better sounding clone. That’s what keeps these companies striving to get better - competition. Otherwise, we’d still be using the aforementioned XB-2. 

• Like 1

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

22 hours ago, Mitch Towne said:

Ha ha! Yes! There is SOOOO much money flying around in the Clone world! Max at MAG Organs just sent me on luxury cruise for playing his gear! 😂😂

I will see you at the next Secret Clonewheel Endorsers Meeting, sponsored by HamSuz, MAG, Crumar, and Viscount, at the Beverly Hills Hilton next month, where we will received our bags of money.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Alfredson said:

I will see you at the next Secret Clonewheel Endorsers Meeting, sponsored by HamSuz, MAG, Crumar, and Viscount, at the Beverly Hills Hilton next month, where we will received our bags of money.

I’m practicing the secret handshake! 

08B2FE48-4698-42D0-B43B-D499409AE4C9.jpeg.045640e495d7f4d64118f6f8a3f007a7.jpeg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jim Alfredson said:

18 minutes ago, Mitch Towne said:

I’m practicing the secret handshake! 

Psst - word on the street is: Nord are going to try and sneak in. You must not let this happen!

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, DroptopBroham said:

I too am glad they fixed this in the new Mojos. Playing an older one, I use a K&H spider stand and tuck the brick at the handy connection point (shelf) where the top tier connects to the center post.  

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D