Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Hey Rick K, got your '04 Chile yet?

Got mine this afternoon! Only bought a bushel this year, Big Jim Hot, as neither the girlfriend nor I have used up our whole stash yet from last year. They were beautiful this year, all very evenly-sized (big!) and no "grey" pods at all this year (I don't know if that's a property of that year's crop, or the timing/treatment during shipping, but they all looked good this time). Usually I can detect an overly-hot pod during peeling just by nose, but they all were even this time. My shipper used a bigger semitrailer this year, and still had so many orders he had to pull some bags off as the suspension was just about bottomed out.

Isn't like walking around Albuquerque with two or three roasters at every street corner, but not a bad second-place! I love fall! :love::thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, not yet! I AM hugely jealous! I just haven't gotten to it yet. I still have a bunch from last year and, like you, will probably only get one bag this year.

Are you into the Red Chile as well? One of my absolute faves is Carne Adovada. I typically go to Costco and get an entire Pork Loin and make up a huge batch freeze some so that I can grab a small bag from the freezer when the urge hits. If you'd like some, I'll be glad to send you some of the powder and the recipe. It's fabulous.

You planning any trips to Phoenix soon?

Rick

I dig the red too, fortunately I have a good "year-round" source for it. My personal favorite is red chile cheese enchiladas: corn tortillas, white goat cheese, red chile and a sprinkling of onion, nothing more. Damn, I'm drooling on the keyboard now! I should be hitting Phoenix again soon, I may just take an extra day just to hook up, see you soon!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived