Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK Multimedia Uno Synth Pro X

It have what I am missing from my Uno Synth Pro - lots of knob.

Great raw analog sound, but cost is to much, I would expect a keyboard included in that price point. 

But usually, prices will came down after some time.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Of course I'd like it to be cheaper, but I don't think the current asking price is unreasonable. If I was on the market for a synth I'd definitely consider this, I liked the sound of the Uno Pro but the matrix interface got verrrrry confusing very fast. This looks like a really good, maybe even a great instrument!

5 hours ago, bjosko said:

Great raw analog sound, but cost is to much, I would expect a keyboard included in that price point. 

Seriously? You think that 600 Euro/Dollars is too much for this synth? With those features and sound, it approaches Sequential Pro 3 level - not quite, but almost - which has a keyboard, but costs *three times* as much.

Sigh - I think this is the "Behringer effect" in action. People are getting used to see desktop monosynths for 300 Euros or so, and I won't go into detail of why Behringer are able to make them so cheap, or even that most of them are copies of other instruments... I'll only say that this thing has *three* (great) oscillators, *two* (great) filters with serial/parallel, three envelopes, two lfos, a mod matrix, patch memory, a great sequencer, triple digital effects, a software editor, and all the RD to make all this work.

Personally, I believe that the Pro X has a *very* reasonable price. And to my ears, it sounds absolutely great. Powerful and versatile. At the moment, I need another monosynth like a hole in the forehead, but I'll keep an eye - and both ears - on it for sure.

I think that it's going to sell very well. And no, I'm NOT affiliated with IK in any way.

4 hours ago, CHarrell said:

I liked the sound of the Uno Pro but the matrix interface got verrrrry confusing very fast.

I can sympathize. I have programmed a whole bank of sounds on the Pro using just the panel controls... only masochists could appreciate that

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, marino said:

You think that 600 Euro/Dollars is too much for this synth?

600? I'm seeing it for 5.

25 minutes ago, marino said:

can sympathize. I have programmed a whole bank of sounds on the Pro using just the panel controls... only masochists could appreciate that

The moment I got to the dual filters was the moment it was game over.

Most Italian retailers have the Pro X between 599 and 609 Euros... bizarre, considering that it's made in Italy.

To further confuse things, the IK site reports both the price excluding VAT (499) and the whole price (609).

5 hours ago, marino said:

Most Italian retailers have the Pro X between 599 and 609 Euros... bizarre, considering that it's made in Italy.

To further confuse things, the IK site reports both the price excluding VAT (499) and the whole price (609).

As I wrote, the price will came down… it was listed at 699 a few days ago 🫡

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Hell of a deal! Not sure why they've stuck with the three note paraphony, but even as a straight-up monosynth I imagine this pup being hard to beat. The only alternative I'd consider is Roland's new-ish Compact S1 or whatever it's called, and maybe the SH4D but that one's a little more expensive than the X here.

There was a time that I would have jumped on this, but now there are so many really good sounding digital synths in the same price group with more polyphony. For $100 more you can get a Hydrasynth explorer or a Roland SH-40. That is tough competition for a mono synth.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Well, the Uno Pro had pretty decent presets in my opinion, more concrete and down-to-earth... the Pro X seems to contain more abstract stuff, noisy and over-effected - and most demonstrators seem content with playing sequences... but I'm sure that new banks will appear very soon, given the improved UI and all.
I believe that I could easily obtain one to demo myself, but I don't even have the time to breathe atm... probably in the coming months

• Like 1