Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A good quality podcast microphone

What podcast microphones do you prefer? I reviewed one for Photofocus, and like it quite a bit and use it for just about everything now. I was using a Lawson L251 microphone through a Peavey VMP-2, but this one sounds great, has multiple polar patterns, and is super convenient to use since it's made for podcasting, video, gaming, and other applications.

Review: HyperX Quadcast USB Microphone for streaming, gaming and more

Can the HyperX Quadcast USB Microphone help photographers with streaming, YouTube podcasts, vlogging, gaming or communicating with clients? We have a look at this increasingly popular microphone so you can learn more about it and hear it in action.

The HyperX Quadcast USB Microphone is an attractive condenser microphone which glows red, a look that sets the microphone apart from most other microphones. It’s one of the reasons these microphones have gained popularity with gamers and Twitch users.

https://photofocus.com/reviews/review-hyperx-quadcast-usb-microphone-for-streaming-gaming-and-more/

PHOTOFOCUS-HEADER-2-HYPERX-USB-MICROPHON

• 2 months later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! It is a solid choice for various applications. I'm currently using a Blue Yeti for my podcasting needs, but I'm always open to trying something new. The multiple polar patterns and gamer-friendly aesthetics are intriguing. Has anyone else here given the HyperX Quadcast a go? I also found a guide about other micros https://asmrmicrophones.com/, so check it out. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not podcasting but if I was I would use my Mic-Parts T-67 that I built from a kit and if I needed omni I'd drill a hole in my desk and mount the conference mic I ended up with somehow. Probably just run them into a MOTU M6 since I already have it and the mic preamps are very low noise and sound great. I have cans, 2 headphone amps. 

Not sure what I'd discuss but probably something weird. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.