Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

House Rentals In L.A.

So, the wife and I have had it up to here with Utah. We're out! So we've sold our house & are moving back to L.A.

Yeah, it's more crowded, more expensive, bla bla bla, but it's home to me & I'm really excited about getting back to the world!

So if any of you L.A. area SSSers know of, or happen to come across a cool little house that a musician, his wife, and two dogs might like to rent, give me a shout! Hook a brother up...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Alan

Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan, I would love to hear a bit more about what makes you have Utah so much...

As far as LA LA, things are REALLY expensive out here right now. Where you live is probably going to depend on where you're going to be working and how much of a commute you can tolerate... as well as how much you're going to be able to afford for housing. But be prepared - my folks, who are retired, just sold a very expensive home out in La Quinta (Palm Springs area) and are having a much larger house built in your area - Huntsville... larger lot (MUCH larger), larger house and for a lot less than their old place cost. And the further in towards LA you go, the more expensive things get.

My best friend just bought the only thing he could afford a bit outside the city in the Valencia area...a 2 bedroom townhouse for 400K. YIKES!!!!!! He says his parents own a place just like it for $60 outside of Tampa FL..It's no better....You all who live in LA are insane...This is what I tell him, but he own a multi-million dollar business so he's doing reasonably well...How to the "Regular" people afford to live???? Cops, Teachers, etc?? I can't see it...Mark's mortgage is $3030 a month he told me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!! That's more then a I make!!!! And the traffic...Whew!!Ths is why I didn't go with him when we I worked for his company and we were based out of the San Fran area...But then again, I feel comfortable in Alaska where relatively few people live, the traffic isn't bad at all and it's cooler, so I may be a bit on the minority side here, when I say that I can't see spending the $$ to live someplace to crowded and expensive...To each his own....Good luck man!!

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Alan, I would love to hear a bit more about what makes you have Utah so much...

As far as LA LA, things are REALLY expensive out here right now. Where you live is probably going to depend on where you're going to be working and how much of a commute you can tolerate... as well as how much you're going to be able to afford for housing. But be prepared - my folks, who are retired, just sold a very expensive home out in La Quinta (Palm Springs area) and are having a much larger house built in your area - Huntsville... larger lot (MUCH larger), larger house and for a lot less than their old place cost. And the further in towards LA you go, the more expensive things get.

Well Philip, there are really a whole lot of multilayerd reasons that we need to get out of here but I guess the main one for me is simply work. We came here five years ago when I got a really great job offer here. They had a really great relocation package and I knew some people here that said they liked it (they proceeded to bail from the state about 10 mos. after we got here).

Anyway, since then the opportunities in my "day job" field have steadily declined and getting meaningful work has been very frustrating. The last straw was a couple of months ago when a recruiter called me about a position he had. "Great" I thought, until he asked me if I had a "Temple Recommend".

If you don't know, a Temple Recommend is basically an offical endorsement of you by the LDS church. I think you get a little card for your wallet and everything. Scary. Well, I'm not now nor have I ever been a member of the LDS church and my first inclination was to respond to this guy with a paraphrase of something that Samuel L. Jackson said in the movie "Jackie Brown" but I was able to hold my tongue (a rare thing for me).

So like I said, there are really a ton of reasons why we want to get out of here. Some major, some minor. Some are even trivial but they all add up. I'm from L.A. originally and other than the last five years, lived their my whole life so I don't any illusions. Everything is a trade-off to some extent, and some of the things that I traded off when I moved out of there, I decided I want back. But ya gotta trade for 'em, so...

Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

Originally posted by FullRefusal.com:

...But then again, I feel comfortable in Alaska where relatively few people live...

A married couple that my wife and I were friends with here moved to Alaska (Anchorage I think) a couple of years ago, they absolutely love it!

And the narrator sang...

DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM!

"Temple Recommend is basically an offical endorsement of you by the LDS church."

RUN from Utah. Godspeed to you on your exit...

In case you have not seen it, the DUM DUM DUM DUM is a reference to the South Par episode 'explaining' the Mormon church.

Can't blame you Alan, Godspeed on your relocation. I understand your frustration, I'm looking for work back in the real United States too, for many of the same reasons you mentioned. We live in the same damn town and haven't met yet, hopefully you can come by the Esquire House of Blues tomorrow night (Friday) and say hi, Danny M (who used to post in the "For the Band" column a bit) will be mixing us and see if there's a "fit" there, would be good to see you too.

I was shaking my head at the news in the papers yesterday and today, the City Council of Brigham City did a test on whether to keep the public pool open on Sundays, I guess the LDS Gestapo is launching a write-in campaign to quash it, yet these people think of themselves as "fine Americans". Damn. :evil::mad:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived