Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the steel guitar I hear on his records. Sometimes it sounds like a pedal steel but sometimes it is something I'm not sure of but I like it a lot. It might be a lapsteel. Anyone seen his show?

This guy is friggin Hank reincarnated. Except to me, he takes this rebel crap and rebelliousness and "fuck you" stuff too far. He doesn't need to do that. It's overdone to me. But MAN, this cat is awesome. It gives me chills listening to him. If you like twang, it don't get no better. I love the sound of his live band... it's kind of raw and percussive... I dig it. I hope to see him live in September.

If this cat would grow up a little, I'd bet he'd be a genuine superstar. OTOH, he probably doesn't want it. I tip my hat to his music though.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by funk jazz:

hmmm, i like that he doesn't grow up and isn't a genuine superstar... that way i can still catch him in little grimy bars where his music belongs.

he is the genuine deal.

Yeah, you got a point. Actually, quite relevant. He is just so goofy wit the redneck rebel stuff. But he's like Hank with a more modern sound, except it's still raw. I seriously dig it.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived