Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Robust alternative to Yamaha power adapter PA-150B?

I just bought a CK61 and it comes with the PA-150B power adapter. The wire on that seems so thin and I worry about its durability. Anyone able to recommend a more robust alternative? Would any 12V 1.5A center positive adapter do?

Thanks!

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

The DC plug size and type also need to match the factory unit, and the output current rated for at least 1.5 amps. I like to go with a 5A like Adam mentioned, as the wires are heavier - no worries that the Yamaha says 1.5A, the adapter will only supply the amount of current that the keyboard wants.

For example the one that Dave linked shows:
Standard DC output connector: 2.1 x 5.5mm

That means the inside diameter of the plug is 2.1mm and the O.D. is 5.5mm 

Also the barrel length needs to be long enough to make contact with the ctr pin in the jack (been burned by this before).

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

For my Modx I just bought a backup one with all the same specs, it has sat in my backup case for years.   Hate those damn warts with their thin tangly cables....now gigging with just a NS3 and love being able to use standard iec cables.   I have some really thin sleeving that I thought about using on it, might still do so if I take my Behringer monitor mixer off my pedalboard where the power is wired into a strip (which is really nice, i just would like the mixer higher up where I can reach it.)   I've also thought about heat shrink and how that might work on a wart cable.