Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig’s Library: New Article on Linear-Phase vs. Minimal-Phase EQ

Hey…

Did you guys see the way cool new link we just added? 🥳

It’s in the main nav bar, right under the MPN logo in the upper left hand corner of every page on the site.  Called Craig’s Library, it’s a series of direct links to the extremely useful collection of articles Dr. Anderton has posted on his website over the years.  Brother Craig has kindly agreed to share those with the MPN community to use as a resource.

Please do check it out.  We’d love to hear which ones y’all find especially useful. :rocker:

dB

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

9 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Please do check it out.  We’d love to hear which ones y’all find especially useful. :rocker:

And if you'd like to see articles on specific topics, I do take requests :)

The site has a surprising number of visitors and page views, given that I don't really promote it. However, I'm planning on adding more content soon, and updating some of the older articles. So, the timing was good for Dave to ask about making the library a kind of "satellite" of MPN.

• Like 3
  • Cool 2

I read a number of these articles a while back and thoroughly enjoyed them. When I find myself bogged down it's helpful to have someone point me in a different direction. I can always count on Craig to make me want to run to the studio and try out stuff.  Mod matrix, mod wheel and guitar feedback were inspiring. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

Hey all - just posted the latest article in the Basics | Theory section of the library, Linear- vs. Minimal-Phase EQ: Is One of These Evil? Probably what's of most interest is the audio example of what pre-ringing with linear-phase filters actually sounds like. I mean, we all know it exists, but...have you ever heard pre-ringing in its native habitat? If not, now you can.

• Like 1