Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil K2700 Issues

BKZ3

16 hours ago, Sean M. H. said:

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread...but, as a PC4 owner I would just reiterate the importance of paying attention to the 'entry/exit' values.  As others have said, the same thing that makes these boards so great--their complexity and ability to program, well, everything--means there's more settings that can be overlooked or cause problems.  Every single contoller on these board can be configured differently for each sound, not only in terms of what it controls, but what happens to each one's MIDI value when moving from sound to sound.  When I first got my PC4, I considered it "buggy" quite frankly.  But in hindsight, I'd say 90% of the issues I've ever seen were due to my own lack of understanding and attention to detail.

This. Many reasons why users dont like Kurzweil is due to the lack of understanding of VAST.  The PC3 was my first Kurz keyboard, one of the first things i did was to RTFM. The approach is different and the editing is deep, which makes it complicated.  There are still things i have to read, mostly when i am attempting the functions (FUNS).  Sometimes when i pick a factory sound and it performs a function i can have difficulty understanding why it does what it does. If you are buying a Kurz you have to commit to learning VAST otherwise you will get frustrated with the keyboard.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band