Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quality mic clip for the Rode NT4 ?

I'm using the NT4 for recording the piano. But I have to keep the mic position mostly horizontal because the mic clip that came with it isn't secure enough.  I'd like to be able to experiment with the mic positioned over the piano (a Yamaha N1X hybrid piano)  in a vertical position but can't currently. 

Any advice ? Thanks in advance. 

David

I've got a Rycote shock mount.

https://microphone-parts.com/collections/shockmounts

It's versatile, can be used with a variety of microphones. Currently hanging a Mic-Parts T-67 upside down with it, zero problems. 

A bit spendy but you only have to buy it once if you take care of it. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

10 minutes ago, Strays Dave said:

It appears the Rycote may be a good choice.  I emailed  micparts.com  for their advice.   I expect I'll end up with the Rycote. 

Thanks much Kuru. 

I love that the Rycote is "one size fits all" - at least up to a point. I've got an MXL 990 that I upgraded with a Mic Parts kit and it's diameter exceeds the range of the Rycote I bought. They do make 2 different sizes, someday I'll probably get the larger one. The T67 I've got in it now is a pretty big mic but there are larger diameters. My Aston Element mic doesn't quite fit this one either. 

I've found Matt McGlynn (owner/founder of Mic Parts and Roswell mics) to be very responsive and knowledgeable regarding any and everything to do with microphones. 

I've hot-rodded 2 mics so far and built one from a kit. The bang for the buck is fantastic. 

Enjoy your new shock mount!!!!

• Like 1

Ahhh, it's a stereo SDC, I should have looked before I leaped!!!! Sorry, here's something better that should be available and easy to find. 

I've got a few mic clips that I bought at Guitar Center for $15 each. They are truly "one size fits all" for all smaller microphones. I don't use anything else for smaller mics. 

Photos attached.IMG_20230521_074041.thumb.jpg.f0d5361395d745e4877db949dc019844.jpgIMG_20230521_074033.thumb.jpg.a8ea39f4754242132e74dcc0277a1b0e.jpg

31 minutes ago, Strays Dave said:

I ordered a couple of clips like your Proline clip.  I also ordered some anti slip rings I happened to see.  Thanks Kuru. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJN8LWL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those look useful!