Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question gear on board (Ryanair to the UK)

Question to folks who have experience flying with Ryanair to the UK.
I travel with Ryanair to London next week and I'd love to take in the cabin with me my Korg MicroKey 61. Do u guys know if the Ryanair crew will let me take it onboard or they charge separately for it?
I have purchased a 10 kilos bag for my clothes and another small bag (in this case maybe my M Audio with laptop/ipad). But the Korg I will eventually have to sneak it in...
On the scenario where I buy a 100 euros option for my Nord Electro5d, do you know if I'll have to put it in the luggage? (I only have the soft bag so I prefer to take it in the cabin)
I have done hundreds of fly in gigs all over the world  but I always backline a Nord and I only carry on board the laptop gear, so pardon my ignorance, especially regarding Ryanair...
Thanx in advance

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

It's strict.. I might go without the Korg 61 and just bring the M Audio bag with the Arturia 25 keyboard in it. This fits under my seat.

If I bring my Nord it has to be checked and I got no hard case for it neither do I plan buying one....   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Probably a good plan. You might have ended up needing to buy another Nord even with a case. It can almost seem as though any indication of "Fragile" is the kiss of death.

I've heard terrible stories from fellow keyboardist and their broken gear. I won't take a bet on this one. 

Ryanair will take every opportunity to charge you to check a bag into the hold if it doesn't comply with their policy. They quite literally pride themselves on poor customer service/reputation. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-trolls-passenger-leg-room-twitter-b2302024.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-trolls-passenger-check-in-rules-b2281892.html

Your Nord will definitely not be allowed into the cabin, even if you pay for an overhead cabin case. You might get the Korg 61 into a cabin case, but definitely not in an underseat bag.

Cheers, Mike. 

• Like 1

I only got the Nord, Mike 😅 But I too suspect they won't let me get it in... They're greedy in that respect (but still cheap in comparison with almost all the other air companies in ticket prices)

They’re so cheap because they charge you extra for literally every other single little thing. They’re self aware about it, it’s become meta on their social media and is the source of several memes.

The Nord won’t get in your carry on, that’ll have to go in hold. 

Your bags have to be a certain size to go in carry on with Ryan Air. I’d call them and ask about the micro key, but chances are you’re going to have to shell out or stick it in hold. 

• Like 1

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

6 hours ago, nadroj said:

They’re so cheap because they charge you extra for literally every other single little thing. They’re self aware about it, it’s become meta on their social media and is the source of several memes.

The Nord won’t get in your carry on, that’ll have to go in hold. 

Your bags have to be a certain size to go in carry on with Ryan Air. I’d call them and ask about the micro key, but chances are you’re going to have to shell out or stick it in hold. 

Yes I am aware of their policy, as I have flown with them several times and it served me well (domestic flight were less than the bus prices for the same city). But now I must have my gear with me...