Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The last thing to finish my new (tiny) rack!

dalpozlead

I’ve finally found (in mint condition) a JV-1010 and will add to the JD-08 to have a super small gig rack... pictures to be posted with the final arrangement:-)

All will be controlled by a Novation Laucnhkey Mk3 61 and a ModeMachines Cerebelusa (USB to serial converter).

Now I have to deal with a final need: The stereo from JV-1010 need to be split in two lines.

1. L+R direct to main mixer, or

2. L to FX loop then to main mixer.

This would be easy to achieve with cables but I need to be controlled by a switch, so I can have the stereo patchs and the mono patch... but I could only find mono split boxes.

Should I go DIY?

Tks!!!

So if I understand you correctly, you want a choice of:

1. JV1010 L+R straight into mixer

2. JV1010 L to FX loop and R ignored

One thought is to use an Art TPatch which is a stereo 6.35mm mini-patchbay. Each channel can be half- or full-normal using a switch on the device - if you wire it up carefully you can route the JV outputs one of two ways, depending on the state of the switch.

Cheers, Mike.

I don't think that you can use, or at least get a MONO sum from the L/MONO jack on the JV if something is plugged into the R jack.
It's a mechanical thing that switches the jack internally.

I will have a think of the way I would do it, and let you know! First impressions… I think you need the functionality of a couple studio patchbay channels… Hmmm. Interesting problem. What's in the FX loop?

53 minutes ago, Adam Burgess said:

I don't think that you can use, or at least get a MONO sum from the L/MONO jack on the JV if something is plugged into the R jack.
It's a mechanical thing that switches the jack internally.

I will have a think of the way I would do it, and let you know! First impressions… I think you need the functionality of a couple studio patchbay channels… Hmmm. Interesting problem. What's in the FX loop?

The MONO issue is a good point, but I can deal with this programing the lead sound to be panned to L (that’s the one Im sending to the FX loop).

The FX Loop: Phaser -> Distortion -> Delay -> Reverb

I could also get a Phaser with stereo input… so the real issue would be how to switch from both options.

10 minutes ago, dalpozlead said:

The MONO issue is a good point, but I can deal with this programing the lead sound to be panned to L (that’s the one Im sending to the FX loop).

The FX Loop: Phaser -> Distortion -> Delay -> Reverb

I could also get a Phaser with stereo input… so the real issue would be how to switch from both options.

Would the patch not do the switching by default, then? Or are you putting other stuff thru the right channel? 

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I'm being stupid. Most of the time, there will be other stuff thru both L/R! Interesting routing problem, for sure!

https://coppersoundpedals.com/product/passive-aby/

Would this, or something like it, work?

• The Roland's left output to the AB box
• The Roland's right output to the mixer

• One output from the AB box goes to the mixer
• One output from the AB box goes to the FX loop.

• The mixer will have 3 channels:
 the R channel always, and two inputs from L depending which is selected on the AB box.

All assuming you pan any sounds you need thru the L channel only.

It's passive, so there shouldn't be any significant signal level change (with short cables) with the Right channel with the Roland in stereo mode, and guess you could wire a remote physical switch, if you don't want a pedal?

• Thanks 1