Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Several Experiments in One

So I decided to write a small piece of music in the orchestral vein without using orchestral instruments....started out good but then I wound up adding strings, tubas, and french horns at the end ;) Next I decided to throw some recent plugin purchases on the master and just use presets without tweaking to see what kind of result I could get ;) This is also an experiment in simplicity...I played 4 chords and they repeat over and over so I wanted to create interest through instrument use rather than the composition.

Instruments by appearance- Knif Audio Knifonium

Sound Yeti Ambition

Steinberg Padshop

M-Tron Pro

Spitfire Hearth and Hollow, Impact Soundworks The Stroh Violin, 8Dio The New Epic Toms Ensemble

Sonokinetic Ostinato Strings, East West Symphonic Orchestra Tubas and French Horns

Master Bus plugins in path order- Pulsar Audio Echorec

PA Amek EQ250

PA Amek Mastering Compressor

Focusrite FAST Limiter

I'm caling this Closer...probably going to end up as an intro to a blues rock guitar piece I'm working on :)

Closer(Demo)

Bill

• Like 3

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

2 hours ago, Bill Heins said:

Instruments by appearance- Knif Audio Knifonium

I picked that instrument up as well.  I’ve not had a chance to hear the hardware, but I do like the software a lot.

Nice groove, Bill!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I enjoyed the piece in total. I can particularly zero in on the desire to go for simplicity and winding up with French horns all over it! Even so, it builds nicely, justifying your additions. One of the more appealing aspects of electronics is how well they can bracket acoustic elements. You're making an interesting choice to lead with it. Please post the entire thing when its done. I'd like to hear the final shape.    

Do what makes you happy this week.
So long as it’s not eating people.
Eating people is bad.
People have diseases.
      ~ Warren Ellis

On 3/13/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bill Heins said:

Thanks David, I'll definitely post it when I finish it....do we ever really finish anything creative? ;)

Bill

The only reason I stop is to work on something else but that's a great reason and brings a conclusion to a path. 

More to do than time in life but sometimes going slow is faster than hurrying, no?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.