Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Fay Wray

96 years old! Notice the resemblance to a young Wray and actress Christina Applegate? "King Kong" wouldn't have been the same without the lovely Miss Wray and those unique screams.

Rest in Peace!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably King Long was the first Hollywood "blockbuster" and she could easily be described as the first victim of the blockbuster slump. For years she tried to distance herself from her role, but in true Mark Hamill fashion, she ultimately embraced it.

My heart goes out to her family for their loss. Rest in peace Fay.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

I was particularly impressed that, paying respects to Ms. Wray, the management of the Empire State Building said they would douse their lights in a moment of rememberence. :thu:

We tend to forget just how miraculous old movies seemed to audiences because the effects seem so tame and obvious to us, in the age of digital manipulation so good we can metmorphose just anything, living or inanimate, into anything else.

Ms. Wray had literally nothing to go on to craft her portrayal for King Kong. She's a pioneer of acting to a co-star who doesn't exist. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived