Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One monitor, multiple computers?

As mentioned in the old computer thread, I have a 2009 Mac Mini that I use with a VGA/DVI display (I forget the brand at the moment). I also have my new MacBook, and my girlfriend has her laptops. Is there some kind of hub where we can plug all our computers into and alternate which one is on the display?

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Yes, I use a 3-way HDMI switch to connect my TV to DVD player, set top box, and Chromecast, so it's definitely possible. It was like $20 or something. I've also used video switchers to go between Mac and Windows. Something like this handles 4 inputs.

I suspect (not sure, though) that it will help if everything has the same connection, e.g., HDMI. That way you won't need a switcher that can also convert connections. So, you may need an adapter to convert a HDMI to your DVI display.

• Like 1