Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

dp 3.11 / os 10.3 panther question

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris-

I`m wondering...If I have both OS 9.1 and 10.3 installed, can`t I just restart in the OS I`ll need. For example, if I`m in 10.3 running iMovies then if I need to work in DP, can`t I just restart in OS 9.1? Shouldn`t that work?

Thanks,

Ernest

Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com:

Chris-

I`m wondering...If I have both OS 9.1 and 10.3 installed, can`t I just restart in the OS I`ll need. For example, if I`m in 10.3 running iMovies then if I need to work in DP, can`t I just restart in OS 9.1? Shouldn`t that work?

Thanks,

Ernest

That will work fine. Before I upgraded to DP4, I made a seperate partition for OS9 and OSX. If nothing else, it made housecleaning a lot easier.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

That will work fine. Before I upgraded to DP4, I made a seperate partition for OS9 and OSX. If nothing else, it made housecleaning a lot easier.
Thats what I thought.

From what I have heard, partitioning the HD is not exactly fun or easy so I don`t want to go that route.

However, restarting is not a problem for the time being. I`m in the middle of a project right now that was done in DP 3.11 and do not want to go to DP4 till its complete.

Peace,

Ernest

You got it right. Sure, restarting is fine (and actually, partitioning isn't that painful) but Classic is essentially an emulation mode, and even though some apps work, they don't neccessarily run well. I ran T-Racks 24 under classic, and while it was functional it added latency, not to mention that I had to set up a second authorization key for Classic!

Archived