Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Differences ::: PC4 and PC3LE

cjogo

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a PC4 and I don't recall that particular patch being a factory preset, although I do know that it is possible to import patches from the K2500 and K2600 (and I'd assume the K2000 and its derivatives) into the PC4 and K2700, although they will likely require some tweaking.  I don't believe the PC3LE allows users to import their own samples, while I know for a fact that the PC4 has 2GB of free space for the user to fill up with tons of samples, so either the basic multisamples or the patch itself could likely be sampled and then imported into the PC4.  Overall, the PC4 has some older sounds in it, but most of the factory presets (especially in the orchestral department) are much higher fidelity than what you have in the K2VX.

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

1 hour ago, stoken6 said:

I wonder if 

doesn't refer to a single patch, but to the concept of solo orchestral instruments (Violin, oboe, trumpet...)

Cheers, Mike.

There are definitely presets for solo violin, oboe, trumpet, and others, with some variations.  I don't use them much and can't comment on the quality of the collection.