Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A 73 weighted key with built in speaker

4 hours ago, Baggypants said:

Sounds like a chip sourcing or costing issue. Everyone and their cat needs a midi-usb chip, audio ones, not so much. Revise the board, save cost-per-unit.

+1. I would guess it's not a cost issue, but more about availability.

Cheers, Mike.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, EricBarker said:

I do feel like this is an area where, to a point "Cheap = Better". Less worry, less concern about perfection. It's a campfire/jammy/travel instrument. If it breaks, you don't cry, you just get a new one. It's like how I always love having an older used car for hauling gear. I don't have to have any stress about babying it when I throw things in the back. I'll toss a mic stand in the back seat and if it scratches the vinyl, "meh". I'd hate to have a clean new car for hauling gear. I feel like the CT-S500, at just under $400, is getting a little too "serious" money-wise for a beater. But that's just me.

Thanks to your posts, I took delivery of my CT-S1 today.  For the price, it's amazing.  I call it rain gear.  Cheap enough to be used in rain and yet it does its job.   Only today did I notice so many posts on the CT-S1.  Thanks.