Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CP88 question

Those of you that have one, are the balanced XLR outs at +4 dbu level? the manual doesn't seem to specify.  i.e.  do the XLR outs have enough gain to drive powered speakers (EV ZLX 8's) without a mixer in between?  thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Menu list there is an I/O setting for output level. Normally set to 0dB, you can adjust from -24dB to +24dB. 

I assume this would eliminate the need for a mixer between the keyboard (to boost the volume) and the powered speaker, but I haven’t actually tried it yet.

2nd Question. (i don't have a cp88 is the reason i am asking these):

With a second keyboard plugged into the line inputs of the CP88,  will an expression pedal plugged into the CP88 control the overall volume of both keyboards, or can you set it up to only control the volume of the CP88?  (i'd prefer the possibility of the latter).  Again, thanks in advance for any insight.