Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wewus/Gas: How's the Weather?

You guys (and anyone else living in NC/Virginia/etc) have probably posted before about how close you are to the coast, I don't remember. You doing OK so far? I see the windspeeds are over 100 mph now. Take care and keep us posted!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Botch!

Thank you for asking. I appreciate it.

Raleigh is about a 2-hour drive from Wrightsville beach. We weren't affected by this storm except for some rain yesterday. The folks closer to the Northeastern part of the state are getting hit now. I don't know how it's going for them.

Take care!

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

The Outer Banks, specifically Ocracoke and Hatteras, got it the worst. Weather's supposed to be beautiful here (Triangle area) tomorrow.

I'm headed to Beaufort/Morehead City this afternoon. I don't think they got hit too hard, just all the rain means more mosquitoes than usual...

I'm heading out to Wilmington Sunday, it looks like the coast is clear, but you never know around here.

I've been at the beach a few times when I had to clear out, the most memorable being the time I was at Garden City, and HUGO was coming ashore. I got caught in the evacuation and it took me about 7 hours to do a what would have normally been a 4 hour drive.

So then I got home, thinking I'm safe, just as the sun was falling, and HUGO, came all the way inshore......and devastated Charlotte.

I couldn't believe it! There were trees down on almost every street in Charlotte, and probably about 70% of the telephone/power poles in Charlotte, snapped like twigs. It was bizarre.

Archived