Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Power Adaptors!!!!!!

So I decided to do an end of year reorganization of my home office-listening room-edit suite, and now that everything is more or less re-hooked up (interfaces, speakers, keyboards, hard drives), I am left with a big basket of cables…

I wish it was an international law that all wall warts had to be pre labeled with the company and produce name. Ashun Sound Machines does it…why can’t everyone else. 

0B991D05-0E01-4FAD-9DE2-B1D0ECBAF476.jpeg

• Wow! 1

Editor - RECORDING Magazine

DO not EVEN get me started in this subject. 😤

The guitar pedal guys do a much better job of it, IMO.  A big ol' single power supply box is so much more elegant. I use the Strymon Zuma with my pedalboard.  A whole bunch of 500ma outlets, two with adjustable voltage.

zuma_front-1024x573.thumb.jpg.d3fb8311cf1ec8f501fb2aa5783c7c3b.jpg

Also, it's funny you mention the ASM power supply.  Not my fave - strikes me as being somewhat fragile, and I believe the cord is too short. 🤨

Some other companies brand their adaptors.  Roland, Casio, DSI, Alesis...

dB

• Love 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Just a rack mount Furman with 9 AC outlets home, 2 wall warts, 1 gigantic line lump (Blue Robbie). All AC, phantom power or USB after that.

Here just 2 wall warts, 2 channel USB interface, Tech 21 DI's that run on phantom power but it's just me. I hate wall warts, managed to mostly avoid.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.