Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wierd Life experience. New studio?

This is all speculation at this point, but my wife has a way of making the impossible happen. We might be moving from our house on ten acres with goats to a place with 180 acres. The house there has incredible views, especially of mt. Shasta, CA, but the property includes a strange 3-story building. Floor 1 is a martial arts dojo (keep in mind that this is a very secluded location) at least 40 feet square. Floor two is empty except for a basketball hoop, regulation height. Floor three is very small, as the building is pagoda-like. It could be an office or meditation room. OR a control room...

There is a small chance that I could have a studio large enough to house a big band. Pray for me, forum folks!

Rubber Lizard Studio

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try and get some pictures. The big building is very strange looking in that environment. I work for the local county government and I have actually seen pictures of that building taken by the Code Enforcement Officer... It was never permitted. At this point they just want it finished and inspected.

This morning we got email from the current owner. They are into selling to us, and we can make it contingent on selling our current place. It's turning into an adventure, I can feel it.

Turns out it is 220 acres.

Rubber Lizard Studio

>>The key to creating a quality recording environment is to retain the basketball hoop<<

At first I thought you were joking... but that's actually a great idea.

No kidding, man... life is much better if you've got yourself a kool clubhouse to do wacky stuff like... have an indoor basketball hoop.

You should also go for an airhockey table and a video projector for games/movies.

Oh good grief. That's not true, Deef! It has to do with diffusion of high frequencies off of the rim. And mids may get a comb filter problem from the backboard, depending on the listener's position.

I may take some pics on Monday. But I warn you... It's crude, primitive, and scarey. I can't stop dreaming about it.

-ml

Rubber Lizard Studio

Archived