Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

needs some help with recording....

Originally posted by EmptinessOFYouth:

I have the cable goin from the speaker out on the amp to the input on the recorder.

I think there's your problem. You should be using the line out jack on your amp (if it has one) You shouldn't use the speaker out because that output is supposed to be connected to a speaker only. The speaker output is low impedance, high power. You're connecting that to a high impedance, low power system and expecting to get a good sound. It ain't going to happen. :(

You might want to look into a speaker simulator device. I believe that Seymour Duncan sold one at one time? :confused:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the cable goin from the speaker out on the amp to the input on the recorder.

WARNING!!!

Do NOT do that anymore!!!

That's the audio equivelent of trying to drive a Mack truck through a mousehole.

Speaker outputs are putting out WAY more signal than the line level input of the recorder is designed to handle. You need to use a LINE LEVEL output on the amp for doing this, NOT a speaker level output. Using a speaker level out WILL destroy something - probably the recorder - I'm surprised it hasn't fried already.

hopefully the mic will solve the problem.

No doubt it will solve the problem. That Mack truck/Mouse hole analogy was a good one.

Keep us posted, man. Were fortunate enough to have some of the coolest most knowledgeable folx in the music business right here on this forum. Info is cheap and plentiful 'round here! :idea:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

well as a little update i purchased a MXL 990 condensor mic and a Behringer UB1202 mixer last night along with some cable off MF, still waitin on my sennheiser from the local music store, been 2 weeks since i ordered it. cant wait to try all this out....thanks again for all your help

ryan

Archived