Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Talk button for speaking to your audience

When you are gigging, what do you do when you speak to your audience. Anything? I had a keyboard that had a "talk" button and it removed effects. Last night, the duo act talked alot and I could not understand them. They didn't change anything from their settings. What are methods to allow your audience to hear you clearly?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Banditt:

I just use a bypass switch that I plug in the back of my effects rack and have the button by my mic stand.

What's odd is that I _rarely_ see cover bands do ANYthing. And you can't understand what they are saying.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Uh, if the effects that are being run on the vocals prevent people from understanding the spoken word, what does that say for the intelligability of the lyrics when during the song?
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

Originally posted by AlanThomas:

Uh, if the effects that are being run on the vocals prevent people from understanding the spoken word, what does that say for the intelligability of the lyrics when during the song?

Good point, but I think you'd agree that the "fit" of a reverb on vocals in a mix is very different from the same 'verb on the spoken word between songs.

Plus, when singing, many bands say the words more slowly than typical speech, so the words may not get slurred together as they will with a long reverb. If you're doing staccato vox then you won't want much 'verb and a short decay, most likely.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived