Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New in Photoshop 2023: Select and delete objects instantly

KenElevenShadows

New in Photoshop 2023: Select and delete objects instantly

The Photoshop 2023 desktop (version 24.0.0) has doubled down on selection improvements. These include the powerful One-Click Delete and Fill, and Delete and Fill with the Lasso Tool. Let’s take a real-world look at what they can do. 

https://photofocus.com/software/new-in-photoshop-2023-select-and-delete-objects-instantly/

spacer.png

It could work for that. I've been finding that there are some instances in which it works better to do the delete and fill function, and other times when content aware does better. But it's good to have choices.

I probably won't get to play with it since I don't subscribe to Adobe and it may be a good long while (if ever) that it makes it to Elements. 

Still, I wonder what would happen if you took out a random chunk of a photo, replaced it, took out another chunk including part of the first chunk, replaced that, etc. 

I spent hours messing things up with a "What If" attitude back when Photoshop had channels but not layers. 

I don't "deep dive" anymore, at least I haven't for a good long while. Learning to record is about all the computer I can stand at this point. 

It was fun though!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

If you played with Photoshop that way, you would eventually have an entirely new image. It would be similar in feel, but no longer the same. And that of course is intriguing. 

I tend to mess around with stuff that I will find useful and ignore the rest typically, although now that I write for Photofocus, I'm messing around with more stuff than I typically would, and often, for the better, even if I don't ultimately commit to using it.

• Like 1

I'm the same with recording. 

There is a huge streak of "What If" running through my tiny brain. 

I enjoy experiments and one-offs, sometimes the things I learn are actually useful. 

Other times they make me laugh. 

I know some people dislike them but computers are wonderful!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

That sounds great about the experiments and one-offs. I have a love/hate thing with computers, but they do so much now that it's difficult to ignore them.