Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SKX Pro, Setting Start Up Defaults

I love my new SKX Pro, (which replaces my SKX). To my ears there has been a big improvement, especially the piano and Hammond organ sounds.

I expected the new model to be similar in operation to my old SKX but it is proving a bit more complicated.

When I power the pPro up, the Percussion, Overdrive, Leslie stopped, Vibrato/Chorus lights are all active.

I tried turning them off and saving as a bundle or combination but when I reload what I have saved the lights are all back on again.

I would like the SKX Pro to boot up "dry" with no effects except slow Leslie.

How can I accomplish this?

Many Thanks in Advance,

Norm

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norm I don't know. It's strange as the Pro series aren't exactly intuitive.  I feel like some of the things they did are because they could not because they should.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Wrestled with this recently and I think this is how I got it setup: Save combination how you like it, then set it to #1 Favorite slot. (hold Record then press 1 to set it to favorite #1 slot). Recording "System" also helps for changing some default settings. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, Norm 1949 C2 said:

When I power the pPro up, the Percussion, Overdrive, Leslie stopped, Vibrato/Chorus lights are all active.

Those are all parameters saved with an organ patch. You have to save an organ patch first. Then save that organ patch within a combination and assign that combination to FAV 1. After doing this, the next time you boot up the organ, it will default to that combination.

I have a video on how to make combinations and setup your favorites.