Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for remote session guitarist (acoustic+electric+bass)

FSmusic

Looking for an experienced guitarist who able to determine guitar tracks by-ear in the original songs, play and record acoustic/electric/bass guitars for a professional backing tracks on a regular basis. Fee is £20-30 per song. UK bank transfer preferred. Payments usually comes once per week. We need you to record a short part of the track we provided to demonstrate a performing and recording quality or just send your demo of acoustic+electric+bass guitars.

Please send your demos: flipside.mstudio@gmail.com

• Like 1

@Caevan O’Shite- A quick web search found a Soundcloud link for a FlipSide Music Studio, in the UK, with a bunch of short sample tracks?

• Like 4

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

First, I can do this. I have a home studio, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, basses, amps, plugins, and most of all, experience. 

I've been gigging and recording for over 50 years.

Second, is there any reason you have no charts for these songs? That would reduce the time required to do the job considerably and is simply part of any professional recording situation I've ever been in. Doesn't have to be fancy, a quick list of the chords in the verse, the chorus and the bridge would save time.

Third, you will get what you pay for. The prices you quote would be for quick first takes. I can usually nail it but I'm not going back to re-record anything at that price.

Your best move would be to find a local talent that can do this for you. Your next best move would be to reconsider your offering, as it stands it gets a hard "no thank you" from me. Cheers, Kuru

• Like 4
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

12 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

@Caevan O’Shite- A quick web search found a Soundcloud link for a FlipSide Music Studio, in the UK, with a bunch of short sample tracks?

Well then, I guess I stand corrected. Pardon my suspiciousness when it comes to first-time posters mentioning bank transfers immediately after registering- and thank you for your diligence and good will.

9 hours ago, Sharkman said:

At the current exchange rate of $1.11 US dollars per British pound (I just looked it up), they pay $22.20 to $33.30 per song.

One time outing beer money per each session of collaborative song-writing and arranging... Basically $20 or $30 bucks per song co-written, arranged, and performed on- potentially three instruments worth or more, to boot.

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

@Caevan O’Shite- Anybody can create a free SoundCloud account, under any name they like, and submit just about anything, so it's not so much that they're legit, as it doesn't seem to be a drive-by phishing expedition, in this case.

There are also links for FlipSide Music Studio in Coventry, England, and it appears that they offer Recording, Mixing, and Mastering services. Not sure about the backing tracks, and I'm not sure why the contact link is for a gmail account, instead of a direct link to their website?

I'm not so much thinking in terms of a rate per song, as X$-per-hour. Unless you work really fast, I figure you'll use up at least an hour to record, mix, master, and maybe convert or compress that sound file for submission, and that's for a quick-and-dirty first take, like @KuruPrionzsays. I have my own projects to work on, and even if they're not earning me money, I'd still rather spend my time on those, or even in here, talking with all of you.

• Like 5

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

9 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

@Caevan O’Shite- Anybody can create a free SoundCloud account, under any name they like, and submit just about anything, so it's not so much that they're legit, as it doesn't seem to be a drive-by phishing expedition, in this case.

There are also links for FlipSide Music Studio in Coventry, England, and it appears that they offer Recording, Mixing, and Mastering services. Not sure about the backing tracks, and I'm not sure why the contact link is for a gmail account, instead of a direct link to their website?

I'm not so much thinking in terms of a rate per song, as X$-per-hour. Unless you work really fast, I figure you'll use up at least an hour to record, mix, master, and maybe convert or compress that sound file for submission, and that's for a quick-and-dirty first take, like @KuruPrionzsays. I have my own projects to work on, and even if they're not earning me money, I'd still rather spend my time on those, or even in here, talking with all of you.

Hmm, here's the email address that's provided on the Flipside Recording Studios site:  nath@flipsideaudio.co.uk

The link provided there for their Facebook page is 'broken'.

Searching up a similarly named Facebook entity, the link provided there for their alleged website leads to a warning page re: unsecure, not private connection...   

There's a small band called Flipside on Facebook, that has no mention of anything like the OP above...

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _