Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of electronic music...

...does this count? I hadn't written anything for a long time but then this popped into my head last week, so I thought I'd best get it down. It's done entirely on an old Sony Vaio laptop (Windows 7) using PreSonus Studio One v2. All the 'instruments' are what came bundled with the DAW back in 2013

I suppose you'd call it cheesy elevator music. It's an instrumental and it's in F#m, the second saddest of all keys...

https://soundcloud.com/user-729188432/so-many-things-in-your-head

Sounds like a good start to me. All it needs is some bends, modulations, dynamics, time variances, ect... to give the parts life. So Many Things In Your Head played next and the vocal on that song demonstrates what I am talking about. Oh, and yes, it can be considered electronic music. Many of the new generation of popular artists mix synth and natural instruments. And many of the newer electronic devices like the Elektron boxes give you ways to program in variances and dynamics to the notes. I remember when DAW's made you click and edit each individual note to add variance to these parameters. Now you can program in automatic variances and use templates for rhythmic feel.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page