Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

casio px5s new key counterweights (hammers?)

hello, can someone tell me where/how i can buy some new counterweights (or hammers?) for the px5s? i'm talking about the black rubber piece that slots on top of the black 'tab' protruding.

i have several keys that are not returning to their level position so they are now below the level of the rest of the keys. on all of the keys like this, the rubber piece is missing.

In the photo the top one of the 2 has the rubber piece missing that i need several of.

kind regards

dave needham

20220904_152756_mfnr.jpg

The PX5S have been in production since at least 2013 and the price was recently increased. Casio should still be able to supply new parts or warranty repair for these.

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

Dave,

I'm pretty sure you need to buy the enter hammer assembly that sits under the key

You will also need to know which one to get.

I don't have it handy here but there is a good PX5S service/assembly manual floating around.  If I get to my other computer I can send it to you

spacer.png

Also, since you will need to be in there, PLEASE clean that entire keybed area.  It will prevent other issues down the road.

After several re-paint projects, I make sure to keep the insides pristine

spacer.png

Eventually that mess I see in your keybed will work it's way up to the plastic buttons that actuate the contacts on the PCB

I don't recommend a complete tear down, as I did when painting my keys, just get the keybed and bottom shell cleaned up

spacer.png

The area the dirt will hurt the most is the rubber contacts.  Get dirt, etc. in and under those, and you'll begin to get weird note triggering.

spacer.png

Feel free to reach out should you need/want any advice on really getting to the insides of the PX.  I've had mine stripped down many time over the past 8+years

• Like 1

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu: