Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone used the IOS SoundFonts app?

The SoundFonts app can supposedly be used as an AUv3 plug-in which should be compatible with AUM, which I have. 

I have Korg Module Pro and am currently demo'ing the Performance Expansion package for free for 7 days.  IMO the Performance Expansion's sounds are OK and are typical of a Rompler. It also integrates well with AUM. But its $30 price tag seems pretty steep to me for what it is, especially given that I can set up complex splits and layers on AUM.   

I know that sound fonts, albeit of varying quality, are available all over the internet, often for free, so I was thinking that I could save some $$ and just purchase the SoundFonts app for $8, find free or cheap sound fonts, and then use the SoundFonts app to integrate the sound fonts into AUM. 

Does anyone have any experience with and/or opinions about the SoundFonts app and its compatibility with AUM?

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

I guess I'm just an old fart talking to himself here.  It could be worse.  I could be talking to myself on a street corner or in a bus station bathroom.

FWIW I ended up purchasing the SoundFonts App for $8 after comparing it to the $30 Korg Module's Performance Expansion and BS-16i, which is also 8$. 

It turns out that the SoundFonts app comes pre-loaded with hundreds of soundfonts, about a third of which are decent and can be tweaked within the app with reverb/delay and EQ and then saved before plugging seamlessly into AUM.   Of course, there are a boatload of soundfonts available on the internet of varying quality, often for free, which can also be integrated into the SoundFonts app. 

So, for me, there was no need for spilling $30 on Korg's Performance expansion for Korg Module Pro.  I'll go back to IOS purgatory after its 7-day free demo.

• Like 2

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)