Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• 4 months later...

Version 1.3 is out! If you already own a copy, download the new version for free. Here's what's new in version 1.3:

• Mixing with headphones
  • About headphone amplifiers
  • Room simulation software
  • Additional info on multiband and mid-side processing
  • In-depth coverage of panning laws
  • Added information on mix referencing and mix analysis tools, including in-depth information on the LUFS and LRA specifications
  • How to match levels in an album or collection of songs
  • Data compression and file export
  • Multiple additions and enhancements  (e.g., updated screenshots, more internal links)
  • Better organization in the Adobe Acrobat headings sidebar
  • Re-written virtually from the ground up for smoother flow 

• 5 months later...

Hello Craig @Anderton,

I have Max Your Mix and am working through it - enjoying very much and learning a lot.

I'm into the chapters on the actual mixing process now and have started to build my own checklist (name all channels, colour-code, make groups where necessary, fix glitches etc etc). It's all straight from the book so I was wondering whether you actually have a mixing workflow checklist available anywhere which would save me from re-inventing the wheel?

I found this which is a good high level summary of the book content and consistent with what I've seen so far, albeit it's missing the diagrams that it references:
https://blogi.savonia.fi/mlt1/wp-content/uploads/sites/3636/2017/02/The-Mixing-Checklist.pdf

It's actually too high level though, I was hoping for somewhere between that and the detail in the book! For example in the EQ section, my notes from the book are:

- Adjust for most important elements first; typically vocals, drums, bass

- Think about linear / mid-side processing [I have Cubase Pro / Frequency plug-in]

- Audition some of the DAW presets

- Review some of your 'presets' shown in the book

- Tame resonances

Is there a list like this available anywhere, and if not, could it be a useful addition for the next edition of the e-book?

Many thanks, JP.

35 minutes ago, jpspoons said:

Is there a list like this available anywhere, and if not, could it be a useful addition for the next edition of the e-book?

There is no such list available, but it's a great idea and would make a useful addition to the next update! Thanks very much for the suggestion :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Craig, I was told by Sweetwater that I cannot buy from them again WITHOUT being automatically forced onto their mailing list! I made them remove me two years ago after I had bought several thousand in gear from them over time. I'm amazed that they'd rather lose me as a customer than refrain from burdening me with that unwelcome 12-pound snail-mail catalog. It goes totally against the grain of my previous experiences with them. Is there any other way to buy Max Your Mix? Its not in the MPN shop....

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

19 hours ago, David Emm said:

Craig, I was told by Sweetwater that I cannot buy from them again WITHOUT being automatically forced onto their mailing list! I made them remove me two years ago after I had bought several thousand in gear from them over time. I'm amazed that they'd rather lose me as a customer than refrain from burdening me with that unwelcome 12-pound snail-mail catalog. It goes totally against the grain of my previous experiences with them. Is there any other way to buy Max Your Mix? Its not in the MPN shop....

Checking...stand by.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Craig, I appreciate your help. I'm halfway boggled at the comprehensive nature of "Max Your Mix." Some of it I mostly knew, but you've added many useful points that polish that element handily. Some is semi-new to me, nicely expanding my knowledge base. Of course, some of it also feels as if I was plopped down in a Vulcan physics lecture! 😛 Hopefully, that will slide over into the "semi-new" category as I absorb it. Good work!

Wherever you are in your overall learning curve, I can recommend this as a solid reference. It won't just help you plant your feet more firmly on its own; it'll point you to further resources if you need them. :like:

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

On 8/29/2023 at 5:40 PM, David Emm said:

Craig, I appreciate your help. I'm halfway boggled at the comprehensive nature of "Max Your Mix." Some of it I mostly knew, but you've added many useful points that polish that element handily. Some is semi-new to me, nicely expanding my knowledge base. Of course, some of it also feels as if I was plopped down in a Vulcan physics lecture! 😛 Hopefully, that will slide over into the "semi-new" category as I absorb it. Good work!

Wherever you are in your overall learning curve, I can recommend this as a solid reference. It won't just help you plant your feet more firmly on its own; it'll point you to further resources if you need them. :like:

Thanks! If you feel like putting those words into a review, it can't hurt :)  I'm already working on v1.4. Not sure if Atmos will make it in there, or in v1.5.