Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK challenges Kemper Profiler in software

IK Amplitude is very good software. There are other great guitar amp plugins as well. 

Kemper's sweet spot is that they essentially housed a computer in something that more or less looks like a guitar amp, AND has sturdy, robust jacks. 

This is where computers fail, visit Keyboard Corner and quite a few of them are finding that iPads are great tools with flimsy connectors. It's true, the crappy hardware is a weak spot. 

Marketing current technology to guitarists requires some "retro-comforting", guitarists in general still tend to cling fiercely to "the good old days". There are aspects of that stance that are spot on. XLR and phone plug connectors are durable and reliable, I still use them. Wireless works well but current bandwidth limits mean other users with no intention of sabotage could wind up coming out of your speakers in one obnoxious way or another. 

IK's tech will be successful with recordists first. They do have lines of practical hardware so integration into that realm will happen, possibly hitting a sweet spot for live guitar work. 

The future holds potential for some amazing new devices for us all but selling enough of them to stay in business may be a challenge. 

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 4 weeks later...