Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Halle Berry as "Catwoman"...

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

[/qb]

For me, the REAL catwoman is Eartha Kitt.

Oh, absolutely!

But Eartha's getting on in years. I think Grace is the only person who can do justice to Eartha.

Actually, Grace isn't any spring-chicken either, but the Batman movies came out over ten years ago...she'd have still been in her 30's I suppose.

Either way, I just love Grace... :love:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because you look great- Doesn't make you a great actress.

Hale is is in the same class of non-actors like Kevin Costner, Keanu Reeves, and Sandra Bullock. They all have one thing in common bad acting. (IMO)

Originally posted by ptuzer:

Just because you look great- Doesn't make you a great actress.

Hale is is in the same class of non-actors like Kevin Costner, Keanu Reeves, and Sandra Bullock. They all have one thing in common bad acting. (IMO)

While none of those people are probably serious thespians, I think Keanu Reeves is outclassed by this group. Also, Costner's not that bad, is he (okay, discounting "Robin Hood" and "Postman"? Well, hell, maybe he *is* that bad... :D )

Outside of "The Untouchables" (one of my all time faves) and "No Way Out" (never turn down an opp to watch that, either), I don't like Kevin Costner. I think it's fair to say that Halle is in THAT group. I think she's a fair actress, but not nearly a great one. She can be good at times, but mostly it seems like she's trying too hard. That said...

Catwoman is as advertised. No...it was worse. The suit in "action" does nothing for me, and she really does nothing for me in it. I loved Halle's looks circa, what?, 92-95, but now I think she looks good, not great. Catwoman has lasted this long in a skintight catsuit, one form or another, so why change it for ANY reason?

Maybe I didn't like it because I was upset that S2 IMAX sold out, and nothing else was starting within the half hour (every minute is precious in my life). I told my friend I didn't want to see it, but I drove from Wilmington picking them up all the way to KOP so we could see Spidey, so I was going to see something. Driving back would've been better.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Sorry to go OT, but you mentioned Spidey II, and I just saw it. Was really impressed... everything that a big Hollywood movie should be. Much better than the first one IMHO.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

Sorry to go OT, but you mentioned Spidey II, and I just saw it. Was really impressed... everything that a big Hollywood movie should be. Much better than the first one IMHO.

Yeah, Spidey 2 is awesome, and that's why I can't wait to see it on IMAX. Way better than the first, which I loved, BTW.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Who DIDN'T know that this was going to be a turd of a movie?

I agree with the folks that said that Halle is a fine looking woman, but far from a good actress.

That Denzel quote is sooo on the money.

There is no substitute.

Archived