Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gin Blossoms songs (or others)

Their song "Found Out About You"... wow, I love this song. Do they have other good songs? What are they? Or is the c.d. this song is on a good one?

I'm trying to add some pop songs to my setlist like this one and "The Way" by Fastball... pop songs from the past 20 years instead of all the old songs I know.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bob Keelan:

'Hey Jealousy' was the other big one.

That song is SO catchy....!!!

Yeah, the Gin Blossoms WERE cool! If you like stuff in that vein and era, don't forget about Throwing Copper by Live. There were like 5 or 6 top 20 singles on that record, and all damn good radio pop.

And, indeed, Fountains of Wayne rule.

Originally posted by Bob Keelan:

Unfortunately, the guy who wrote their best songs had alcohol problems, was thrown out of the band before the album release, and committed suicide while his songs were high on the charts.

Damn! Ain't that a bitch. Yikes.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Yeah, the Gin Blossoms WERE cool! If you like stuff in that vein and era, don't forget about Throwing Copper by Live. There were like 5 or 6 top 20 singles on that record, and all damn good radio pop.

And, indeed, Fountains of Wayne rule.

Good call, Lee!

I saw the Gin Blossoms once, they were opening for the Spin Doctors (another group you might want to check out :thu: ). They did a pretty solid performance, so went went the next day and got the album. Like a couple have mentioned, if you like "Hey Jealousy", you'll probably dig the rest of the album too.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Oh yeah...Fountains of Wayne. Mmmmmm....

And Del Amitri...only the most underrated band of the 90s.

And if you're gonna cover some good pop you gotta do some Matthew Sweet. Check out "100% Fun."

Cool. :D

this house is empty now...

Archived