Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kontakt sale

Someone mentioned in another thread that the full Kontakt is on sale and I went to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my purchase of the modestly priced Embertone - Walker 1955 Concert D Lite (which runs on Kontakt Player) qualified me for the CrossGrade pricing.

If you've purchased any products that work with Player it's worth taking a look. All I had to do was log in and it recognized the qualifying product.

-jb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I knew it was on sale, but I'm a bit torn on updating to Komplete 13 when 14 is expected out this fall. Hmmm, get Komplete Ultimate 13 now at a really good price or pay at least twice as much for Komplete 13 update once 14 is announced and get the free update? .... .... .... Decisions, decision. I have until the end of the month to decide.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Well, after reviewing the comparison chart I think it is worth the price to stick with the Ultimate Collectors Edition just to get the Session Series orchestra samples. Ultimate gets you the "essential" series. Collector's gets the upgrade to the full version. Guess I will grab that before the month is out. That alone is more that worth the $50 price difference between the two.

50 minutes ago, JB Sherry said:

Someone mentioned in another thread that the full Kontakt is on sale and I went to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my purchase of the modestly priced Embertone - Walker 1955 Concert D Lite (which runs on Kontakt Player) qualified me for the CrossGrade pricing.

If you've purchased any products that work with Player it's worth taking a look. All I had to do was log in and it recognized the qualifying product.

-jb

That was me. Thanks for the heads up on the CrossGrade pricing! Famous E did it.

Here for the gear.

59 minutes ago, RABid said:

Well, after reviewing the comparison chart I think it is worth the price to stick with the Ultimate Collectors Edition just to get the Session Series orchestra samples. Ultimate gets you the "essential" series. Collector's gets the upgrade to the full version. Guess I will grab that before the month is out. That alone is more that worth the $50 price difference between the two.

Hmm, doubtless I'm looking at something a bit different, but where are you seeing a $50 dollar difference?

I was debating going from K12 standard up to K13U, and when instead I choose K13C the price goes up $200  (from $299 to $499).  

Is this due to me having K12 and not K13 already?

In looking at the comparison chart of Ultimate to Collectors, those do indeed seem to be the big value add...I'm just not sure I'd personally use them much.  I already have Arkhis so that doesn't help move to Collectors either.  Odd that Ashlight isn't in Collectors(?)

On 6/9/2022 at 7:13 PM, Stokely said:

Hmm, doubtless I'm looking at something a bit different, but where are you seeing a $50 dollar difference?

I owned K12 Ultimate Collectors Edition. In my upgrade deals I had the following choices...

13 Standard - $99

13 Ultimate - $199

13 Ultimate Collector's Edition - $249

I already owned several expansion packs, taking advantage of their 10 for $99 sale a few months back. That may have lowered my price.

Gotcha, that makes sense.  I'm coming from K12 Standard so that would be amazing if Collectors only cost me 50 bucks more than Ultimate :)

Of your options the only one that makes sense to me would be the 3rd one.  The other two don't seem like upgrades at all to me, though I guess it's not as if they'd be free I suppose.   Also I suppose you wouldn't be losing the 12 collector's extras, you are gaining the 13 standard new stuff.

It is taking a long time to download K13 ce. Turned off sleep mode on the M1 Air and downloaded overnight. First day got me about 10%. Hoping I only have to download once and can then transfer to my other computer. It depends on how they coded their software.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 5:55 PM, JB Sherry said:

-jb

Thanks JB! I logged in and found that due to a Strezov choir library, my cost for Kontakt was an enticing $125. A couple of years ago when I purchased Reaktor I told myself I would use bespoke sample players and not rely on the industry standard Kontakt. But today I have picked it up. Why not, at this price?

Of course, now that I have Kontakt,  the NI library packages are looking attractive to me as those clever folks at NI reasoned it would.

The tractor beam! LOL :classic_laugh:

• Like 1