Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Helping out a musician

Last night some guy named James "JD" Wilkerson came over to my house.  He was going door to door selling CD's of his album "For Success Determination Is The Key".  He seemed like a nice guy, he said he played with a few Mowtown guys back in the Seventies, and since he was only asking $10 for his CD, I bought it.  I haven't played it, and I'm probably going to give it to a friend this afternoon, since it's mainly horns and keyboard music (my preferred choice of music is guitar oriented classic rock).  I respect and admire anyone who is willing to go out and put forth the time and effort to promote themselves, especially going door to door, because that can wear you out.  Besides, it was only $10, so I figured what the Hell, why not help his sales a bit.

• Like 2
  • Cool 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

Cool. You're a class act, Sharkman, good will in action. :cool: 

I see that Spotify has a couple of James "JD" Wilkerson's albums streaming- 1994's Life Has Meaning, and 2003's Strong. He's a solid pro musician and apparently played most or all of the parts on Life Has Meaning! From what little I've listened to, he seems to subscribe to the Jimmy Nolen/Nile Rogers school of clean, bright, percussive Funk guitar, spot-on! Horns, keys- lots of keys- Funk/R&B/Pop bass, all very well done. I bet he'd be an asset for anyone, any musical genre, to work with.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 1 year later...

Yes, he came to my door as well last year. I bought the CD he was selling and it was really good. Not typically my kind of music, however my wife is a Motown fan

He came back again last night and had his other 2 CD's. So I bought them both to complete the trilogy. Very nice man. He was telling us about his Motown days.

Want to here more of his stories. If he comes knocking, answer the door and talk to him, He doesn't dissapoint

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

JD just came by a few minutes ago with two new CD's.  I bought both of them, even though it's not really my favorite type of music.  Hey, the guy is out there selling his music, so he definitely has ambition.  Besides, my dog Rocky liked him, so I know he's a good guy.

• Like 4
I rock; therefore, I am.

51 minutes ago, Sharkman said:

Besides, my dog Rocky liked him...

:cool:   💫💖

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _