Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new workplace policy.

With three major projects coming to a conclusion this has been my busiest period in the eight years Ive had this job. Today I decided on a new policy that will help me clear my desk and stop loosing documents.

Twice a month I plan to shred everything that is on my desk. If something important gets shredded then someone will bring me another copy and ask me to act on it.

A clean desk really does make a more productive work place. My desk is clear and I am ready to go home. :)

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh, I have a slightly less drastic policy. Every month, I take every piece of paperwork on my desk and put it in a box marked with that month. Anything I need from that box, I take out as it is used. After 30 days, anything remaining in there is sealed and put in the closet. After a year, I toss it out (actually I put it in storage).

"For instance" is not proof.

It has always been a good excuse.

(HRDirector) When are you going to fill out the three month employee review for your new secretary? It was due last month.

(Me) It is somewhere on my desk. As soon as I find it I will fill it out.

(HR Director) That could be months!

(Me) No. No. I plan to get caught up and clean my desk this week.

Sadly, while looking today I never could find the three month review on my desk, but I did find her one month review that I was supposed to do back in April. :rolleyes:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived