Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R.I.P. Klaus Schulze

Oh very sad. RIP Klaus . Must have been quite sudden then, as he was working on a new remix due out in June 🤔

• Like 1

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

Klaus was the Keith Emerson of non-rock, non-classical synthesizer works. That may be a slight reach when he was the the drummer for Tangerine Dream's early "Electronic Meditation" album, but no, he began to flower as a solo synth act. One high point about him is that I DIDN'T like everything he released just because it was Klaus. He experimented and you either liked that new vein or you didn't. There was that intriguing, added element of challenge.

TD is sometimes seen as the main force behind the Berlin sound, which is not at all unfair, but "Timewind" was neck-in-neck with them, to my ears of the moment. The filter sweeps sound quaint now, but they were mind-boggling back then. A synth life beautifully rendered.

• Like 2

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

I tried different apps but wrote my own apps because it just didn't fit my requirements.

I wanted to have: single click between songs and overview, no scrolling, backup in icloud, setlist and playing backing tracks.
The app runs in pythonista and looks like this:

Main screen with songs. this is a folder in iCloud. it is easy to maintain in my Macbook. I can also use subfolders to store old material.

Is also shows the time and battery status. It is possible to use jpg or txt files. txt files are shown as large as possible. the songs are shown in one page to avoid scrolling.

IMG_607D139F854D-1.thumb.jpeg.655254719e58dcede760fae4695c623b.jpeg

In this case a jpg is shown with some score and chord info. 

When clicking in the center of the screen the main screen shows, in the right area it will move to the next song, left to the previous.

IMG_95D434294B71-1.thumb.jpeg.7e9aa5733df5567b5565d865c4867539.jpeg 

There is also an option to create a .set file with parts of the name of songs in a set like this:

Relight
WeAre
SoExi
Inferno
Abba
AnyPlace

the matching song is searched for the chords folder and a set is created like this (looks ugly, i found no option to center multi-line buttons):

IMG_55A56B0A433F-1.thumb.jpeg.154e22182d837603d7e98a83465e4e1b.jpeg

in this case a mix of 3 sets. when a song is selected, the jpg or txt is shown. including the progress and next song. In this case a queen medley with 2 parts. searching for queen gave two results: queen1 and queen2. In this song there is a backingtrack. It plays the backing on the left channel and the click on the right channel.
If a .wav file is located with the same name as a .txt of .jpg file the play/stop option is added.

IMG_2B8C77435430-1.thumb.jpeg.2d55312990f74df820a9fd2a02875654.jpeg

This works very fast and super reliable. 
I still sometime check if other apps can work this fast, but it always takes more clicks and scrolling.

• Confused 2

Nord Piano 5-73, Nord Stage 3
Author of QSheets: The fastest lead sheet viewer in the world that also plays Audio Files and send Program Changes!
https://qsheets.eriknie.synology.me/

9 hours ago, erik_nie said:

I tried different apps but wrote my own apps because it just didn't fit my requirements.

I wanted to have: single click between songs and overview, no scrolling, backup in icloud, setlist and playing backing tracks.
The app runs in pythonista and looks like this:

Main screen with songs. this is a folder in iCloud. it is easy to maintain in my Macbook. I can also use subfolders to store old material.

Is also shows the time and battery status. It is possible to use jpg or txt files. txt files are shown as large as possible. the songs are shown in one page to avoid scrolling.

IMG_607D139F854D-1.thumb.jpeg.655254719e58dcede760fae4695c623b.jpeg

In this case a jpg is shown with some score and chord info. 

When clicking in the center of the screen the main screen shows, in the right area it will move to the next song, left to the previous.

IMG_95D434294B71-1.thumb.jpeg.7e9aa5733df5567b5565d865c4867539.jpeg 

There is also an option to create a .set file with parts of the name of songs in a set like this:

Relight
WeAre
SoExi
Inferno
Abba
AnyPlace

the matching song is searched for the chords folder and a set is created like this (looks ugly, i found no option to center multi-line buttons):

IMG_55A56B0A433F-1.thumb.jpeg.154e22182d837603d7e98a83465e4e1b.jpeg

in this case a mix of 3 sets. when a song is selected, the jpg or txt is shown. including the progress and next song. In this case a queen medley with 2 parts. searching for queen gave two results: queen1 and queen2. In this song there is a backingtrack. It plays the backing on the left channel and the click on the right channel.
If a .wav file is located with the same name as a .txt of .jpg file the play/stop option is added.

IMG_2B8C77435430-1.thumb.jpeg.2d55312990f74df820a9fd2a02875654.jpeg

This works very fast and super reliable. 
I still sometime check if other apps can work this fast, but it always takes more clicks and scrolling.

Um dude?  This thread is about the passing of Electronic music pioneer Klaus Schulaze.