Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Justin Hawkins of The Darkness has a sweet DX7 tattoo!

I've recently re-discovered The Darkness and found that Justin Hawkins has a great YouTube channel where he talks about many things musical.  I dig his dry British wit and his honest critiques of bands/albums, which are typically more constructive than destructive.

Being that he is known for slinging a Les Paul Custom and cranking out AC/DC like riffs, I was surprised to notice that he has a prominent DX7 logo and what looks like a minimoog tattood on his arms.  He must have a background of keys playing in his younger years, as The Darkness is straight up guitar rock.  Either way, I respect the bad-ass commitment of a DX7 tattoo (as the majority of people won't know WTF it means and of those that do, 50% will probably cringe.)  Me - I dig it.  

Check out 3:59 in the vid below, where you can get a clear view of said tattoo:

• Like 2

I was surprised and quite pleased when I recently discovered that The Darkness were active again (and had been for some time); I stopped following them after their initial split in the late aughts. They’re kind of ridiculous and embrace it and they rock so hard. Their debut, Permission to Land, came out when I was in eighth grade, and I wore it out the way you can only wear out a CD burned for you by a buddy who bought it on iTunes. Ah… memories.

Also, their current drummer is Rufus Taylor, son of Queen’s Roger Taylor. Because… duh.

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I came close to being tattooed with the Korg logo, such has been my devotion. This was before I landed my first Triton, too. As you know, the madness runs deep.

I once met a man who had a huge, beautifully rendered greyscale tattoo on his back. It was a chaotic scene with ruined buildings, fires and screaming people all around. In the center, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are featured. The one nearest the viewer has the only colored ink and its the Kool-Aid pitcher man in red, holding a torch and pitchfork. Oh yeaaah!

Hey Samuel, I can't remember the set-up, but the clencher is "Its always cashew clay, for he is the gradist." I know, what a stench, right? 🤨

• Like 1

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce