Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cleaning - wet or dry?

When I first started using wet, the dispenser was more of a tip - you could put a nice even line in the brush; now, it seems most/all want you to spray the solution.  I’m not a fan.

I tried this Fluance brush.  I do the fiber side, then the pad side.  Does a surprisingly great job.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, wraub said:

I'm still using a Discwasher D4 I've had forever (still in the box) and r/o water.

I still have the same Discwasher dating way back to the '80s and it works well. I have also been keeping micro fiber cloths near my turntable, with a spray bottle of 50/50 water and isopropyl alcohol. A local record store owner who has been doing this for many decades told me that is what he has always used.

I did some research along the way about fancy record cleaning machines, some of which started around $79 all the way up to hundreds of dollars or more. I don't have a great place to keep something like this and they mostly seemed like an answer to a question I didn't ask. I figure if I've been using the above methods for decades with good results and my records are happy! I guess I've been lucky to have mostly clean and good condition albums.

• Like 2