Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT? Pianist plays "What a Wonderful World" at Ukrainian Train Station

Chopin, the great genius,  wrote the Revolutionary Etude in 1831 out of his infamy and disgust of Poland's failed uprising that was occupied.  He was also angry at France at the time for not helping Poland with the Russian occupation. Though Chopin was Polish he lived in France though he died young at 39 and had his heart removed. His sister took to Poland that is now in a church in Poland.   He is buried today in the same graveyard as Jim Morrison in France.

Here is Horowitz performing the Revolutionary Etude

WH

• Like 1

I am touched by this both as a Ukrainian and a citizen of the world. I was born here in the US, but have witnessed the resolve shown by relatives all of my 60+ years. None of Ukraine standing tall surprises me.

Thanks for posting it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Beautiful and moving.  

On a similar note, having a young daughter - this really moved me.  Young girl singing Let it Go in a shelter.  

• Like 1

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

1 hour ago, Rod S said:

Beautiful and moving.  

On a similar note, having a young daughter - this really moved me.  Young girl singing Let it Go in a shelter.  

This also got to me. I live in a semi-rural area, mainly surrounded by folks of a political persuasion other than my own. It does my heart good to see the occasional Ukrainian flag and colors now being displayed on houses. 

A neighbor down the road whom I’ve never met, saw our blue and yellow flag and stopped by just to thank us for displaying it. He was born in Lviv, Ukraine and moved here recently with his family. This is a YouTube video he made, where at the end of the video are organizations where one can donate to the people of Ukraine.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.